This page contains details of research performed by the project partners which is relevant to the POLINARES project.
- University of Dundee
- Clingendael International Energy Programme
- Bundesanstalt fur Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- University of Westminster
- Gulf Research Centre Foundation
- The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies
University of Dundee
- Wojciech Ostrowski gave a guest lecture on Rentierism, Dependency and Sovereignty in Central Asia at the Westminster International Relations Forum, University of Westminster, London on 18th November.
Clingendael International Energy Programme
- A book on "20 years of producer - consumer energy dialogue in a changing world" written by Bassam Fattouh and Coby van der Linde (CIEP) was published by the International Energy Forum in February 2011. This can be downloaded for free from the Clingendael WEB site.
Bundesanstalt fur Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe
- A paper written by Henrike Sievers, Peter Buchholz and Dieter Huy (BGR) on Evaluating supply risks for mineral raw materials was presented at the Aachen International Mining Symposia in May 2010.
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Patrick Criqui gave a presentation on Post-carbon energy paradigms: 2050 and beyond at the EU-US Summit on Science, Technology and Sustainable Economic Growth Post Carbon Transitions, Visions and Challenges on 29 September 2011
- An article written by Catherine Locatelli and Sylvain Rossiaud entitled A neoinstitutionalist interpretation of the changes in the Russian oil model was published in Energy Policy, Volume 39, Issue 9, September 2011
- An article written by Catherine Locatelli and Sylvain Rossiaud entitled Russia’s Gas and Oil Policy: the Emerging Organizational and Institutional Framework for Regulating Access to Hydrocarbon Resources was published in the 1st Quarter 2011 edition of the IAEE Energy Forum Newsletter.
- Bertrand Chateau gave presentations on Needs of energy services to 2100 and Scenarios for post-carbon transitions at the EU-US Summit on Science, Technology and Sustainable Economic Growth Post Carbon Transitions, Visions and Challenges on 29 September 2011
University of Westminster
- A paper prepared by Philip Andrews-Speed entitled "Opportunities for Gulf Africa energy cooperation" formed the basis for a Workshop on Gulf Africa cooperation in energy, minerals and natural resources at the Gulf Africa Investment Conference 2010 "Fostering Economic Relations", held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 4-5th December 2010.
Gulf Research Centre Foundation
- Four working documents related to oil stocks and the security of oil supplies, written by Giacomo Luciani (Gulf Research Center Foundation) as part of the SECURE project, have been published on the CEPS (The Centre for European Policy Studies) WEB site. Read more ...
The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies
- HCSS published a report on “Futures of Copper” together with the Delft University of Technology that gives insight intothe possible dynamics of the copper price and strategies to counteract undesirable dynamics
- HCSS hosted and co-organized event with the Transatlantic Academy on A Global Resource Nexus: Opportunity, Risk and Conflict in the Global Struggle for Resources
- An article written by Islam Qasem on "Can western sanctions touch Bashar al-Assad?" was published in the Guardian on 18th August, 2011.
- An article written by Michel Rademaker on "Zeldzame aardmetalen: een strategisch instrument" was published in issue nr 3, 2010 of Atlantisch Perspectief .
- An article written by Michel Rademaker and Jaakko Koorosky (HCSS) on "The Global Challenge of Mineral Scarcity" was presented at the "Enriching the Planet "conference held at the Clingendael Instituut, April 2010.
- Jaakko Koorosky (HCSS) gave a talk on Metal Scarcity, Politics and Power at the Rare Earths, Minor and Speciality Metals Investment Summit, London, March 18th 2010 - view presentation